Windows 10 is definitely a powerful operating system which can offer amazing features and security to its user. But many Windows 10 users have reported that they are not able to use their printer scanner. In such situation, users don’t need to panic as we are offering you three different solutions to fix this issue. Although, you should try them one by one until you find the correct solution that fixes your problem.
Solution 1: Check and Repair Corrupt System Files
- Pres Windows + R to invoke the run dialog box.
- Now type cmd and click the OK button.
- When you see the command prompt, type sfc / scannow and then press Enter.
- Wait until the verification reaches the 100%.
Remember: You can only run this command as an administrator otherwise you will receive an error prompt. If you are unaware how to open command as an administrator then contact printer executives on Canon Printer helpline number UK.
Solution 2: Update Your Scanner Driver
An outdated driver can cause various issues to your scanner. Thus, updating the scanner is necessary and that you can do from your printer manufacturer’s website. If you don’t have patience and time to do so then you can also use Driver Easy tool for the same. Driver Easy recognizes your system and downloads the correct driver for it.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run the tool and click Scan Now.
- Then click the Update button next to the flagged scanner driver. This will automatically download and install the correct scanner driver for you.
Solution 3: Configure and Start the Related Services
The following service should be started to make your scanner work properly:
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Shell Hardware Detection
- RPC Endpoint Mapper
If you are unaware of the procedure to check the service status of these services then you will need to give a call at Lexmark Printer support number UK. As here you can consult with our technicians who will assist you in a proper manner. Hope the methods we have explained here could resolve your scanner issue.