You might have seen the message, The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed while you use Adobe Flash. This situation can be determined when the Flash plugin stops to work unexpectedly. In this case, reloading the page will often resolve the issue. But this is not the case every time, and there are chances that the Flash plugin got crashed. Updating it to the latest version available will be a great help. You can put a stop on crashing of Adobe Flash Plugin in the ways mentioned below:
Updating the Flash Plugin is the best way to clear off crashing issues. You know what the latest version of the Flash plugin will execute in a better way and prevent the crashes. But before updating it, you must ensure if Flash is up to date. And for that, proceed to the Adobe’s test page and on seeing the outdated version, install the latest version manually. Here are the right steps:
- Move to the Adobe’s Flash Player download page and download the installer. Adobe customer care service UK will guide you for this purpose.
- After it completes, close Firefox.
- And then, click on the Firefox menu, and click Exit.
- Now, you need to open the Flash installer file you have downloaded and follow the onscreen instructions.
Disable hardware acceleration in Flash
Disabling hardware acceleration in your Flash Player settings will help to remove the issue somehow. For doing so, follow the steps as follows:
- As the first step, proceed to the Adobe Flash Player Help page.
- Now, you can right-click on the application logo and then click on Settings in the context menu. You will see that the Adobe Flash Player Settings screen will open next.
- Then, you can click on the icon of the Settings window to open the Display panel.
- There, eradicate the check mark from Enable hardware acceleration.
- And, click Close and then restart Firefox.
Disable protected mode in Flash
There are times, when the protected mode might lead to hangs or plugin crashes. If you want to disable it, you can follow the below given steps:
- Click on the menu button and select Add-ons-icon Add-ons. You will see that the Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- Now, in the Add-ons Manager tab, choose the Plugins panel.
- Thereafter, go and find Shockwave Flash in the list of plugins and click on it. Adobe technical help desk will accompany you in this task.
- After that, just remove the check mark from Enable Adobe Flash protected mode.